Short on time? Schedule online.
Sedans, CUVs, & Minivans
For these passenger touring vehicles, the tire options are typically manufactured for a smooth and quiet ride. Luxury vehicles in this category may have higher performing tires but at a higher price tag. Generally speaking though, these are a few of the tire types you’ll find:
- All-season tires are a reliable option if you live in an area with all four seasons. These tires are typically made with grooves and in patterns that perform well during wet and snowy seasons.
- Touring tires are intended for use in all seasons, but provide more responsive handling than the all-season tires.
- Performance tires are made with larger circumferential and lateral grooves that withstand very well in wet conditions. They are also known to have higher speed ratings.
- Summer tires are best suited for warmer climates that do not need snow traction. However, they do still perform well in rain with their circumferential grooves that offer hydroplaning resistance.
Trucks & SUVs
Trucks and SUVs are made to withstand driving on rough terrains, necessitating tires with longer lasting tread. Here are a couple of popular options:
- Highway tires have patterns that follow the all-season tires but are able to accommodate heavier loads.
- All-purpose (trail) tires are a step up from highway tires in terms of their ability to perform well on loose road conditions. Their tread pattern attributes to its more performance in more rugged environments.
- All-terrain tires feature a more aggressive tread pattern that allows ample traction when driving off-road, designed to handle gravel, sand, and light mud.
- Mud terrain tires are the ultimately off roading tire, providing traction in deep mud and on soft sand. Many of them are made with aggressive side walls that resist punctures, abrasions, and tears that commonly occur when driving off-road.
There are a few more tire types that you could purchase that fall under a more specialty set of tires. Whichever tire type you decide to choose, don’t forget to consider your climate and the condition of the surfaces you will be driving on often. Tires are made to fit your lifestyle. Contact us today if you need assistance with finding the right tire for you!
Deals, tips, event details and more
Get exclusive access to them all when you sign up for our newsletter